Thursday, November 12, 2009

sign o' the times


**the above pic (with me having all-time bad crazy cat lady hair) isn't from my current job. this is the post production staff from the defunct show "Life." one of the best jobs i've ever had. the man standing just to my left works with me on my current job, too. He is Rad.**

the job i'm working has resulted in some crazy work hours. today is day 11 in a row. not that impressive on it's own, but monday night i was at work until 1 am, tuesday until 3am. i've eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk for a week. as is the norm with picture editing rooms, my office has no windows.
it's not my intention to set myself up as a martyr, just wanting to give context for what i did yesterday...

yesterday afternoon, as the hubub was dying down a little at work, i went on a coffee run to the starbucks across the street from the lot. it was 5pm. i grabbed my ID badge, some cash, and my sunglasses. i walked out the front door and into the dusk.

i just started laughing out loud.

between my work schedule and the time change last week, i'd completely missed out on the idea that the sun sets early now.

this weird little event just underscored how happy i am to be out from under the short short schedule of this last episode.

(also: i knew what the schedule was like before i took this job, so it's not as if i feel they're taking advantage of us. and we're union, so when we have work nutty hours, we are compensated, and well fed. :) )

No comments: