Sunday, November 8, 2009

postcards from kentucky

**halloween weekend i took a short trip to louisville kentucky for some music and socializing. and to get the hell out of my edit bay for a few hours. here are two cards that i wrote that weekend. things being what they are, both of them made the return trip to los angeles with me. the first card was sent to my pal, p. in ny. the second card sent to w. in fort wayne.**


10.31.09 Happy Halloween! This Saturday morning finds me in Louisville! flew here on a red-eye -- didn't get as much sleep as I'd hoped, but as soon as I pulled out of he car rental lot and onto the road I felt great! It rained last night. the sky is full of big dark clouds. I put the Oxford American cd that you gave me into the stereo and it was perfect. I'm in no shape for a bright, sunny morning. :)
I headed straight to a breakfast spot recommended to me. I've yet to try the food, but the coffee is good & strong! an indication that i'm in kentucky: i ordered bacon, and the people sitting on either side of me did as well. but! this place also has avocado on the menu! (review to follow!)
i heard from {X.} that change is afoot chez vous: {your roommate} moving, more school, no tv..remember, in a pinch you can watch dvds on your computer. means nothing for football, tho. :|
hope to see you soon!
ps. read Buck O'Neil's memoir. I recommend it!



(This card reminds me of your schooling your niece!)
sunday nov 1, 2009 -- concours B Midway Airport...
Further time-change comedy" got to Midway with a 40 min wait between planes went to the closest hairport food place, grabbed a (fair-but long refrigerated) turkey sandwich. Ate the sandwich quickly and sent a happy birthday text to my brother. After ahile I thought I'd been waiting a long time...maybe the flight was delayed...It is then that i realized that my watch (reading 6pm) is set to Louisville time. Here in Chicago, it is 5 pm. so my 40 min layover was an hour-forty. I used my extra 15 min to get a mocha and cookie. and now that flight is boarding. THANK YOU for a fantastic trip!!

No comments: