Wednesday, November 4, 2009

overheard...

"...they have the world's largest collection of Bigfoot memorabilia."

overheard in wild eggs diner, louisville kentucky. wish i'd heard the follow up sentence.

at kaldi coffee in atwater village a couple weeks ago 3 guys sat down at a table near mine in mid-coversation about the films of Frank Stallone. among them, they could name two. two more than i could name. their conversation stemmed from one of them having seen a funny f. stallone cameo on a tv show.


what else: monday morning found the left front tire on my car was flat. my rad neighbor, eric, changed the flat for my spare (little donut tire)!
tuesday morning i came out to find the spare was flat. *blank stare*
i was headed to my mechanic to get new struts and tires. this derailed the plan a bit. ended up riding on the rim (sigh) to the service station on hyperion to fill the spare so i could just get to work.

at the end of today i will have new struts and new bitchin michelin tires on my old car. the last time i replaced the tires on my honda, i thought they'd be the last tires to be on that car. that car just keeps running, tho. I LOVE THAT CAR.

more to come on the weekend in louisville, the Tale of Amelita (this is good!), the recent craft wave items, and terrific books!

just for the record: i have been working a lot. one week my pay stub listed hours worked as 75. the following week: 70. oof.

No comments: