Sunday, November 2, 2008

3.1.2008--written on a split open atm deposit envelope

3.1.2008 How things work out...

I was shuffling around my apt. debating just how to spend the next couple of hours: errand to bank, cappuccino, or stay in do some sewing...I finally decided to walk to the bank, gathered a few things and headed out. on a side street with little thru traffic i was stopped by a family looking for directions to Universal Studios. They had a map. It's a tricky neighborhood to drive in for the uninitiated. I gave them directions and we parted ways. I was walking in the direction they needed to go, so once they drove around the block, etc. they passed me as i walked over HWY 5. I watched their car as they missed the u-turn they need to get onto the HWY. I could tell they saw it (brake lights, but no chance to switch lanes.) I walked slowly, watching for their car to find it's way back to the on-ramp, but never saw them go by. I tried to steer them mentally, but to no avail. i hope they found the fwy & made it to the park.

When I got to the bank i discovered that I'd left my ATM card at home. It's late on saturday, so the bank is shut. So I walked back to the cafe. The fellow working is one of my 2 fave baristas in town. After I got my cappuccino order in he told me that today is his Last Day working. His 2 week notice is ending today. I was out of town, then out of circulation, so i didn't hear about it. he made me a stellar drink. that when he asked "regular milk" he meant whole, not 2%, and that you can balance a coin on top the foam he makes, makes me so sad to see him go.

as i walked outside to hang out i lamented that i decided not to bring any postcards to write about all this stuff. I looked in my bag and found the unused deposit envelope i'd grabbed at the bank.
so.
how things go. :)

And now the sun is officially down. I can pick out some of the deep blue sky behind the cloud cover. I'm going to have another cappuccino before this fellow leaves, then walk home and have dinner with the neighbors. :) *heart*
sometimes, life is just that good.

No comments: