Friday, November 21, 2008

11.20.08 Analog pleasures

*wrote this sitting outside a coffee bean on riverside drive in toluca take. i'd left work to send a package priority mail. am buying a concert ticket from a guy in indiana. (ahh, live music!) i am aware of the contrary nature of posting about "analog pleasures" in a blog. *

Thurs afternoon--on a break from work...post office run. :)
Waht times are thse that i find only a red pen & a sharpie in my backpack? I'm pretty good about keeping a pen handy, but i must have pulled it out & left it somewhere. alas.
Yesterday driving to work listening to Gillian Welch sing "Ruination Day" i wished i was on a road trip. i counted: it's been 8 mos. since my last driving trip: houston --> austin --> houston --> austin --> houston. ha! that's just about the usual time between trips. 8, 9 mos. (boy, this pen is a drag :| )
I have to tgo back to the office now--perhaps i'll find a better pen...
FRIDAY! 11.21: am at my desk w/headphones on listening to joe henry as the four guys behind me talk about all the cell phones on the market. i'm not technology averse but these kind of discussions make me want to put my phone in a closet and go somewhere...else.
Tomorrow is saturday. i'll get to walk to a cafe...sit in the sun and read. and knit. i've got some analog pleasures on my brain.

1 comment:

BeeKay said...

I've been thinking I'd really like to make a quilt. Problem is, I don't know how to sew.