Tuesday, October 23, 2012

mission statement

how the weekend started:
my brother, sister and i having breakfast at Local.  they're sorting through a pile of our mom's mail trying to figure what is current.  my brother is sporting a Kiss t-shirt, my sister an epic tattoo.  she is also drinking a giant glass of milk.  old. school.
we were prepping to drive to visit our mom and come up with a plan to move her and her stuff to another town.
how it ended:
the next afternoon i was by myself at gingergrass.  having a coffee, sangria and a spot of lunch.  our plan didn't work out as we'd hoped.  disaster is an apt description.  still!  we came through the weekend resolved as ever and happy to have spent some time together even if it was full of drama & shenanigans.  i have only been home for the holidays twice since 1989 so we haven't spent much time together, the three of us.

1 comment:

BeeKay said...

I hadn't checked blogs in a long time, ms. y, but I was happy to find updates! Especially exciting to see your bro and sis in action.