Sunday, September 6, 2009

out with the dross! or: chip chip chip continued...

it's sunday, labor day weekend. i'm moving some stuff around in my apt to make some room for a guest i've got coming for an extended stay.

i moved my sewing desk and machine into my bedroom, and put the cool, carved wooden chair in the dining room. (i really want to be sewing right now but am using all restraint i've got to keep on task.)

i was looking to file some stuff in my (very full) filing cabinet when i took a look at all the floppy discs (!) and old check registers in there. in the last 10 minutes i have committed discs containing Avid settings dating back to 1997, old clip art, EDLs from student projects, and scripts written while an undergrad (gilroy garlic festival!) all to the electronics waste bag. fonts, title sequences, avid bins, term papers...out!

am realizing that the clip art i use for my business cards is on one of the zip discs destined for the trash. hmm. i don't have a zip reader, but i better be sure i have that art on my laptop b4 i ditch that disc.

side note: my task energies gained a little oomf when i got a call telling me that we're starting work late tomorrow.

music series while cleaning, moving stuff, etc: doves: some cities; neko case: middle cyclone; flaming lips: soft bulletin.
snacks of note: pyramid hefe, trader joe's choc covered almonds

No comments: